Posts filed under ‘Stuff’
You know, it is beyond frustrating when no one will listen to you. It’s as if you are some foreign being from another planet trying your very best to communicate with the people around you, but they all look at you as if you are dressed in a huge pink tutu with a clown wig on your head, wearing hightop sneakers and feel like they can’t take you seriously. It doesn’t matter what comes out of your mouth, they laugh at you anyway and shrug off whatever it was you said.
I’m telling you, I need to get me a bunch of those Universal Translators the characters from Star Trek wore so I can pin them on all those who shrug me off so now they have NO excuse.
However, that will never happen.
I suppose my repeating myself over and over again will have to be what happens until I either snap or they actually make those translators.
This is a wee bit weird, yet a whole lotta cute!
So, what do you know? It’s the return of the slacker. So sorry for those few of you that actually take the time to read this thing. I have been in a blogging slump. I have lots to say, it’s just that those words don’t leave my brain and make it to my fingertips for me to type them out.
However, while in one slump I came out of another. I am finally being creative again with my card making and crafts, so that’s a bonus. It’s just finding the time to sit down for a bit to get those creative juices flowing. Between the hubby, kids, constant noise and the voices chattering in my head… I’m surprised I still have hair. My sanity on the other hand is still in question. It’s just really hard to think when there is constant noise.
I am also sooooo behind with commenting on other blogs. Just so you know, I do peek at them and I have things to say. I will do my best to get caught up with everyone.
I just thought I’d pop in and say HI! I also want to let you know that there will be a guest blogger playing on here every now and then as well. I will let her introduce herself.
Until then, I hope everyone has a great day!
P.S. I want to wish my Dad (who doesn’t read this) a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! xoxo
I was tagged by Hules
1. What do you add to your coffee? Double Double (2 cream 2 sugar)
2. What are you reading now? A Complicated Kindness – Miriam Toews
3. Do you own a gun? Nope – but I’ve shot one at a shooting range.
4. Are you registered to vote? I am – like it matters.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depending on what I’m going in for.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Yummers!
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Chocolate milk all the way!!!
9. Can you do push ups? I can, but don’t like to as I have a bad shoulder.
10. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Boyfriend: Chris. Girlfriend: Kelly.
11. What’s your favourite piece of jewellery? My wedding rings
12. Favourite hobby? Photography, writing, crafts.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Nope.
14. Do you have ADD? That really depends on the day I am having.
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I think too much.
16. What’s your Middle names? Lynn
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. Crap! I’m gonna sneeze…AGAIN, I wish I could fly & I want coffee.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. Aren’t I fun?
19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink. Coffee, Chocolate Milk & Iced Tea.
20. Current worry right now? I have many worries. I’ll leave it at that.
21. What side do you dress to? The upside down side!
22. Favourite place to be? Right in the middle of nature. Mountains, trees, streams, tall grass… any place where I can feel free.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? I don’t remember. Sitting at home I think. Don’t be jealous!
24. Where would you like to go? Somewhere over the rainbow.
25. Name three people who will complete this. Larry, Curly & Moe
26. Whose answers do you want to read the most? Mark’s
27. What colour shirt are you wearing? Purple
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Cotton is where it’s at!
29. Can you whistle? You bet. With a pucker for a quiet whistle or 2 fingers for a louder one.
30. Favourite colours(s)? Indigo, blue, purple… depends on my mood. Other days, it’s the rainbow!
31. Could you be a pirate? Aaaar you kidding me? Of course, ye matey!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Depends on what I last heard and what’s stuck in my head.
33. Favourite girls name? Sarah, Julianna, Lily & Emily
34. Favourite boy’s name? Lucas, Nathan, Michael & Evan
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Wouldn’t you like to know?!?!
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Lucas snuck out of his room, hid in the hallway to watch the rest of Harry Potter – The Order Of The Phoenix. Lil bugger! We wouldn’t have noticed he was there if he hadn’t said “Is he killed???” ROFL.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? No clue. Mickey Mouse, I think.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Multiple, due to a car accident in 1998.
39. Do you love where you live? I wouldn’t say love… at least not until we move out to the country.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2 – bedroom and living room.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Candace. She likes to be heard. I love her so…
42. How many dogs do you have? None. I have a cat & 2 fish.
43. Does anyone have a crush on you? No clue… besides my hubby, but he kinda has to. We’re married.
44. What are the most fun things you ever did? Ummm… I’ll never tell…..
45. What are your favourite books? Ghost books, Paranormal, Wicca, Photography, Astronomy, Scary/Horror, Funny…
46. What is your favourite candy? Rockets & Reese’s Pieces
47. Favourite Team? Edmonton Oilers ~ NHL Hockey, Baby
48. What songs do you want played at your funeral? I will have to give that some thought.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM? Sneezing.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I want some coffee and wish it would rain. Too boring? Ok, I am dressed in a monkey suit holding a pinwheel, running laps around a light post screaming JUST A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR HELPS THE MEDICINE GO DOWN, wondering if it would make anyone laugh or commit me and if they commit me, can I have the purple straight jacket I special ordered 10 years ago and it never came because someone is playing a cruel joke on me? Hmpf Who would go out of their way to make a crazy lady angry by hiding her special purple straight jacket? I want their number so we can have a little “chat”.
Ok, so I have this friend of mine, Jason who called me about two weeks ago with some news about this girl we knew back in school. She was a sweet, quiet girl who was pretty well known to all. We were all from the city, but went to a school where everyone knew everything about everyone. It was as if we lived in a small town.
Well, when Jason called me, he sounded a little freaked out. He told me that this girl found him out of the blue on facebook after not speaking or seeing each other for the last 15 years. I wasn’t all that concerned as I have found some friends whom I haven’t had any contact with in over 20 years and I, nor they found that to be reason to freak out.
He went on to tell me that she also contacted his sister, Amy after finding him, wanting to know what he’s like now, if he was seeing anyone, etc and confided in her all these feelings she was having and has had for him over the years. I asked him if anything had ever happened between them back in high school, and he said no. All they really did was hang out, mainly with their group of friends and the odd time just the two of them, but that was it, nothing more.
Being the curious monkey that I am, I called Amy and asked her to tell me everything this girl was inquiring about. There was one particular thing that threw me for a loop and I now understand why Jason was so freaked out.
To start things off, this girl told Amy that she was engaged to this guy she’s been with for over two years, they have a child together and she is unsure about marrying him. She became even more unsure once she saw Jason on facebook, as all of these feelings she’s had for him over the years came flooding back all at once and she was convinced it was a sign. Amy asked her if she ever dated Jason and she answered back No, but wished she did. She went on to say that she regretted losing her virginity just after high school as she was really waiting for Jason, but they lost contact after everyone finished high school and went onto bigger and better things.
Amy almost fell off her chair when she heard those words come out of this girls mouth. She told me she didn’t even know how to respond to that. Amy asked her if she said any of this to Jason and how he reacted. She said Jason knows nothing and to please keep it quiet until she’s sure.
Is this girl THAT stupid? So stupid to confide in her crush’s sister and after 15 years of no contact and expect her to NOT say anything to her own brother? Especially when she comes across as a stalker? PLEASE!
Jason was crapping his pants at the thought of what his girlfriend, Brooke was going to think about all this. He wasn’t sure if he should even tell her as he thought maybe this girl would just go away. I had convinced him to tell her as this girl already contacted his sister for info, it’s in his best interest to fill Brooke in. Besides, Brooke is one of my good friends. There was no way I was going to keep her in the dark when her boyfriend has a potential stalker on his hands.
Needless to say, Brooke was pissed off over the nerve of this girl, being engaged, yet telling all that she did to Amy thinking in her own mind that it was all okay. Nothing ever happened between her and Jason, what makes her think that anything ever will now? Especially when she’s taken and so is Jason.
I tell ya, never trust the quiet ones. They always seem to be the ones to come out of the woodworks with evil in their pockets ready to cause havoc as NO ONE ever suspects them.
A few days pass before she decides to pick up the phone and call Jason. This girl went out of her way to contact his parents for his number and his Mom being the nice lady she is, said HERE YA GO!
Ring ring goes the phone and who else but Brooke answers. Let’s just say that conversation didn’t go well, as this girl was NOT expecting anyone but Jason to answer. This girl asks if Jason is home and Brooke said he was in the shower, then politely asked who was calling. The girl responds with a huge WHO ARE YOU? Brooke tells her that she is his girlfriend, and this crazy woman said that Jason has never mentioned her in their conversations, so it must not be serious. Brooke tells her that it is quite serious as they have been together for over 3 years and love each other very much. I think this sent the girl over the edge because she told Brooke that he would never love anyone like he loved her and that she better back off, then hung up.
This girl placed a few more calls to Amy, trying to get more info on Jason and this ‘Brooke girl’, as she affectionately called her. Naturally, Amy tells her nothing and eventually tells this girl its time she backed off as there is no way Jason will ever dump Brooke to be with her. She then tried crying to Jason, saying that Brooke was nasty to her when she called for him and now Amy is doing the same in hopes that he will fall for it. Thankfully, Jason didn’t cave. He never really told her to go away, but he does ignore her attempts to contact him.
Since then, this girl has been eerily quiet, but still lingers in the shadows.
I was tagged by Eiain!
1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
*EDIT* Thinking about where I’d be 10 years from then, being now. Turns out I am NOT a rocket scientist or belly dancer and I never broke the Guinness Book of World Records for the Most Vivid Imagination. Damn! However, I have developed a few more relationships with the voices in my head, so I guess that’s a bonus, right?
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today:
1. Tidy up around the house
2. Play with the kids
3. Take some pics
4. Catch up on blogs
5. Read The Hobbit (again…I’m with Eiain as I just pulled it off the shelf 2 days ago!)
3) 5 snacks I enjoy:
2. Pretzels & salsa
5. Anything spicy
4) 5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy all the camera equipment I want
2. Pay off debts
3. Build my acreage
4. Have a HUGE craft room with unlimited supplies!!!
5. Donate to my fave charities
5) 5 of my bad habits:
1. I’m too nice to people I shouldn’t be nice to
2. I procrastinate
3. I’m anal and OCD over the weirdest things
5. I start things I can’t finish…whoops!
6) 5 places I have lived:
1. Edmonton (I’m boring)
2. My parents house
3. My apartment
4. My “now” house
5. Hopefully my acreage (within the next few years)
7) 5 jobs I have had:
1. Fast Food
4. Child Care Giver
5. Research & Data
2 peeps I wanna know more about:
And whoever else would like to join in on the fun!